(1) The protection of your personal data (hereafter referred to as “data”) is very important to us. Below, you will find information about the nature, purpose, use and storage of any data collected via this website, as well as our identity. We will also inform you regarding the initial transmission and the type of data transmitted, as well as the associated protective measures.
(2) Personal data is all data containing information concerning the personal or material circumstances of an identified or identifiable customer. Examples include names, email addresses, home addresses, dates of birth or telephone numbers.
2. Responsible Party/Service Provider
(1) The responsible party according to the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) as well as the service provider for the purposes of the German Telemedia Act (TMG) is Alex Schmidt; see also our Legal Notice .
3. Collection and Use of Your Data
(1) The extent and nature of the collection/use of your information differs depending on whether you visit our website only to retrieve information or to use services offered by us:
a) Informational use:
(2) When using our website for informational purposes only, it is generally not necessary for you to provide personal information, with the exception of data automatically collected and transmitted to us by your internet browser:
– the date and time you access one of the webpages on our site
– the type of browser used to access our site
– the settings of the browser used to access our site
– the operating system used to access our site
– the last webpage you visited prior to accessing our site
– the amount of data transferred while accessing our site and the access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.), and
– the Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our website.
(3) This information is saved separately from any other data that you may potentially give us. This data will not be linked with your other data. It will be evaluated anonymously for statistical purposes to improve our webpages and services, and will be deleted after evaluation.
b) Use of Services:
(4) If you choose to use services we offer on our website, for example by subscribing to updates or a newsletter, you will be required to provide additional data. Only data specifically required for the functioning of the services in question will be collected. You may choose to voluntarily provide more information; voluntary additional information will be marked as such by us.
(5) The collection or use of your information takes place for the purpose of providing the desired service, for example sending you the emails you requested.
(6) For the aforementioned purpose, your data may be passed to our support service providers, whom we have carefully selected. These may be technical service providers or our shipping support service providers. The transfer of your data to other third parties shall otherwise only occur if we are legally obliged.
c) Responding to Your Questions/Collection of Feedback:
(7) If you choose to contact us by using the contact form or sending an email, we will store your email address in order to answer your inquiry.
d) Writing in Our Blog:
(8) If you choose to use our site’s blog function in order to write a public comment, we will store your email address as well as your IP on our server. This is necessary because of our liability for illegal contents. It is possible for you to use our website without stating your real name.
(1) We use cookie technology on our website. Cookies are text files that are transferred to your browser from a web server during your visit to a website, and that are stored on your computer for later retrieval.
(2) We only use so-called session cookies and temporary cookies, i.e. cookies that only cache for the duration of your use of our website. The purpose of these cookies is to allow the web server to continue to identify your computer when you move from one of our webpages to another one of our webpages during your visit to our website, as well as to determine the end of your visit.
(3) The cookies are deleted when you end your browser session.
(4) Whether cookies can be stored and retrieved is determined by the settings in your browser. Through your browser settings, you can disable the storing of cookies altogether, restrict it to certain websites, or configure your browser so that it will automatically notify you when a cookie is to be stored and ask you for confirmation before doing so. However, for technical reasons, disallowing session cookies altogether will prevent the functioning of some features of our website.
(5) We do not collect or store personal data in cookies in this context. We do not connect or combine information obtained through cookies with user data by any means.
5. Social Media Plugins
(1) We currently utilize social media plugins from Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and Tumblr. If you visit our site, the social media service receives information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you don’t have an account with this social media service or are currently not logged in to it. This information (including those referred to in § 3 para 2 of this declaration so called “data”) is transmitted from your browser directly to a server of the social media service in the U.S. and stored there.
(2) If you are logged in with this social media service, the social media service can directly log your visit to our website in your account with them. If you interact with the plug-ins (eg to leave a comment), the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a server of the social media service and stored there. The information will be published to the social media service‘s site and shown to your contacts. If you do not want the social media service to associate your collected data at our website with your user account, you must first log out of the social media service before using the plugins.
(3) The social media service can use this information for purposes of advertising, market research and need-based uses of its websites. For this purpose the social media service creates usage, interests and relationship profiles, for example in order for you to receive relevant on-screen advertisements from the social media service while on our website, to inform others about your activities on our website, and to provide additional services related to the services of the social media service in question.
(a) Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php/
(b) Goodreads Inc., 188 Spear Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA; http://www.goodreads.com/about/privacy/
(c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy/
(d) Tumblr, Inc., 35 East 21st St, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10010, USA; http://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/privacy/
6. Data Security
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect accrued or collected personal data, especially against manipulation, loss or unauthorized access. Our security measures are continually updated, corresponding to technological development.
7. Duration of Data Retention
Your personal information is retained only as long as is necessary in order to allow us to provide our services. On occasion, longer data storage may be required due to legal or regulatory obligations.
8. Rights to Cancellation, Appeal and Information
(1) You can revoke consent to our use of your data as stated above at any time, with effect for the future.
(3) You can also request information about the data stored about you, about the origin of the data, the recipients or categories of recipients which your data is passed to, and the purpose of its storage.